A few weeks ago we were challenged to love our church and love our pastors. Turning “love your church” into an actual practice will take intentional action.
Here are some suggestions:
- Slow down and notice the volunteers that are serving.
- Try to remember other church family member’s life events and ask how things are going.
- Catch up with a volunteer – they often don’t have opportunities to do that.
- Learn more people’s name and say hello by name as much as you can.
- Look for people who are new and offer to help with “whatever.”
- Walk slowly and be available to people after and during services.
- Start conversations intentionally.
- Take time to pray with someone who is struggling.
- Look for needs and just start helping.
- Pick someone ahead of time to connect with.
- Give appropriate physical contact to as many people as possible.
- Say “thanks” as much as possible.
These suggestions will require an intentional effort on our part. Start every Sunday knowing that no matter what is swirling around in your life or your ministry you are going to be intentional in making the day count by serving others.
* Adapted from “18 Ways to Make Every Sunday Matter” by Michael Bayne (michaelbayne.net)